Music




Saturday 11 December 2010

Concert: Tchaikovsky Symphony Orchestra of Moscow Radio 24/10/2010

     I went a concert played by Tchaikovsky Symphony Orchestra of Moscow Radio with Sanly, Brian, David and Hyuk. To be honest, it was the first time that I listened to a orchestra carefully and got overwhelmed by the amazing music.
    
     There were three pieces got performed. The first one was Symphonic Poem: The Wild Hunt of Thor was composed by Norwegian composer Ole Olsen (Ole Olsen 1850 - 1927) of Classical period. Symphonic poem or tone poem is a piece of orchestral in a single continuous section in which the content of a poem or story. Actually, I am wondering about the difference between symphonic poem and programmatic music. Personally, I don't really like this piece. But the orchestra did a very good job.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
      My favourite is Violin Concerto in D minor, Op 47. It was composed by Jean Sibelius who was a Finnish Composer of Later Romantic period. The reason why this piece impressed me most was the violin soloist. The 24 years old Russian girl was amazing. However, I thought when she played violin her movement was too big. She was awesome, especially her control of dynamic and her emotion to the piece. By the way, in the interval Sanly and Brian got a chance to take picture with her which made me jealous. Just kidding.

A middle-aged man with grey hair and a beard, wearing a dark suit and staring intently at the viewer.     The last one was another great piece: Symphony No.4 in F minor, Op36 composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. This symphony has four movement and my favourite one is the third movement which strings play pizzicato throughout movement. Using pizzicato instead of other percussion instruments makes the symphony more interesting and colorful.

     In general, I really enjoyed this concert although we didn't have good seats --the first row and not in the central. The moment I liked most was after the concert we can talked about the concert together, exchanged thoughts which was very useful.


    (P.I Tchaikovsky)



   

No comments:

Post a Comment