Music




Sunday 12 December 2010

Gig: Have You Heard 18/11/2010

     I went to a Jazz gig with Miss Kyna, Laysan and Hyuk on 18th of November. I have a conflicting feeling to Jazz. I love Jazz but at the same time I am afraid of playing it. Especially when it comes to the part of improvisation and irregular rhythm. But when I saw Mr.Bruce and his friends playing Jazz on stage was very cool.
    
     I really liked the atmosphere: relax and comfortable. After a whole day working or studying, it was the best place to release yourself. And it wasn't like other formal concerts, you can whisper with your friends  about the music with the wine on the hand. I guessed most of the audiences were the friends of performers. So during the interval, they came down from the stage and talked to the audience. It was more like a family or friends party. I  liked it.


     Every time when the performers finished a piece, one of the guitarist would say something funny and introduce to the following piece. I think "the humor" is quite important. It will keep the audience feeling interested and relaxed. It was really good gig. However, sometimes I felt the drum kit was too loud. In general, I had a good time.


Kabi
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment