Music




Saturday 11 December 2010

Musical: l "Les Miserable" 05/11/2010

     I went to Queen's Theatre to watch the musical Les Miserable with my aunt. It was the first that I watched a "live" musical. Les Miserable was based on Victor Hugo's 1862 novel of the same name. It is the world's longest-running musical, now in its twenty-sixth year.
    
      What can I say? It was perfect and world-classed. Every single actor was awesome. I wish I can be like them one day. I don't think the stage was very big. But the stage effect was really nice and I don't know how they could put such a big boat on stage in a short time and removed it quickly.
    
     The "inspector Javert" impressed me a lot. The actor who played the role was a bass baritone. I liked him most not only because of his charming and powerful voice but also his clear pronunciation. I know it's silly but I used to think that the thicker the voice is, the less clear your pronunciation will be. And I always used it as an excuse and didn't try my best to improve my pronunciation. But now I know it was wrong. Maybe it's harder for thick voice to have clear pronunciation but it doesn't mean impossible. And you can see how great it is to have a powerful voice and clear pronunciation at the same time.
    
     I also noticed that Les miserable focused on singing rather than making balance between dancing and singing like the musical Cats. And I wonder why it has this difference.
    
     Overall, I really had a good time. And the next musical I am looking forward to watching is Mamma Mia. I guess I kind of get addicted to musical now.


Kabi

No comments:

Post a Comment